Thursday, June 19, 2008

100 Pushups


I found this website called hundredpushups.com in which it spells out a plan of workouts to be able to do 100 consecutive pushups in only 6 weeks. I have started doing pushups since I got back from China, partly inspired by Faizal's daily pushup routine, but haven't been consistent, and have not seen a lot of growth when it comes to the number that I can accomplish consecutively. The program consists of 3 workouts per week, in which you do five sets of pushups per workout with a 60 second pause between each set. For example, my first workout will be sets of 10, 10, 8, 6, and as many more as I can do for the fifth set. This first workout should be easy because I have been doing 50-60 each time do pushups, in two sets. Usually I would do about 30 followed by about 25 more. By the last workout of week six, I should do sets of 27, 23, 23, 20, and as many more as I can do for the fifth set. After this workout I should be able to do 100 consecutive pushups after a couple days of rest. I plan to start this plan on Monday and continue it with workouts on M, W, F for 6 weeks which would put my last workout on August 1st. I will attempt my 100 pushups on August 4th. If I feel confident that I will complete all 100 I may videotape it and put it on YouTube.