Tuesday, June 17, 2008

May Recap


May was a good month. With Julie off I was able to ride my bike to work most of the month. We also added little Olivia to our family, and I took a week off to help transition her into our life. It was a nice little preview of what my 6 WHOLE WEEKS (sarcasm)of summer vacation will be like....relaxing.

My goals seemed to be a little ambitious this month.
  • I again blew my running goal out of the water by running 54.45 miles instead of my goal of only 40 miles. I even rode my bike over 80 miles just going to work and back.
  • I successfully cut my coffee habit down to 1 cup per week. This month I have already digressed on that goal. I have had multiple cups some days, and none others, but probably an average over 1 cup per day.
  • No desserts, candy, fries, soda, or booze. I consider myself as passing this one despite having frozen yogurt once, and a couple of breakfast pastries.
  • Completing my China pictures and journal I did half way. I got my China pictures done, but didn't finish the journal.
  • I made no progress on my family tree.
  • I wanted to finish the Bourne Supremecy, but read only a few pages of it and am at about half way done.
As you can see from the sidebar I set a lofty running goal, but took it easy otherwise. It can be hard to get to stuff with a newborn and a 1 year old. You can also see that I am Twittering. You can check that out here. Twitter is kind of a micro blog where you can post to it via text message or on the web to answer the question, "What are you doing?" There are also a lot of social aspects to it that I am not using, but it is kind of fun to just send out quick updates on it.