Sunday, August 24, 2008

Renovations

I was talking to the guy that is "renovating" this house. I put renovating in quotes because the guy basically tore the whole house down and is building a new house. The portion of the house that is still standing is just the original bathroom. It was a house from 1915 that was under 600 square feet, and it will be about 2400 square feet when it is completed. The guy who owns it said that it would cost about $20,000 less for the permits for a renovation instead of officially building a whole new house. I had been wondering for months what the deal was with this little tiny building piece that was left standing when the house and garage were torn down. Now I know, and you do to.

It seems from my recent blog posts that I just wander around my neighborhood...I suppose I do.