Monday, December 29, 2008

Picasso's Head of a Woman

In college, while visiting the Norton Simon Museum in Pasadena, Julie had noticed a Picasso that looked like a horses head and commented that she liked it. Several time over the years I have looked for a print of it but have had no luck. I have looked online, in stores, and even at the Norton Simon and just couldn't find it. 

So I decided to paint my own version of it to give to her for Christmas. It took about two and a half hours and I painted it at work a few days after work under the guise of grading papers and taking care of work stuff. 

I think it turned out pretty good, but if I were to redo it, I know I could do a better job. That is the thing about stuff you make. You always feel like you could do better after having done it once.

Check out the original here.