Saturday, May 3, 2008

Riding A Bike


All this last week I rode my bike to work. It was great!

I got exercise. Since I live 2.8 miles away from work, I rode 5.6 miles per day for 5 days. That is a total of 28 miles this week. It is an easy downhill ride to work, so I don't even get sweaty, but coming home is a warm little uphill jaunt. It only takes about 5-10 mintues longer to ride than drive.

I saved on gas. My truck gets 15-16 miles per gallon of gas. By riding 28 miles, I saved about 1.8 gallons of gas. At $3.83(the cost at Albertson's gas this week) I saved $6.92 by riding. There are 8 more weeks of school, so if I continue riding until the end of the year, I will save another $55.34.

I am being "greener". Being green is trendy, and I am trendy, so I am green. Go hug a tree!

It is fun to be different. How many people do you know that ride their bikes to work? Around my house I think that group only consists of day-laborers. Yeah, I am cool (like a day-laborer).